Applying as a native english teacher
Here’s what happens after you submit your details:
- We’ll review your experience and eligibility and contact you for an online interview if you are suitable for our client.
- You will be asked to attend a Skype or a face-to-face interview which lasts around 30 minutes.
- If your application is successful, you will be informed within 5 – 7 working days and sent a job offer.
- After you have accepted your job offer, you will be sent over an offer letter and visa guidance information and forms (only for overseas employment).
- Once we have received your signed offer letter and filled-in forms, we can begin your visa process. This can take between 6 – 12 weeks depending on which location you are traveling to.
- Start getting excited about your next incredible adventure and gain exceptional teaching experience in a new position or even a new country.
All classes will range from one to four students, maximizing student-teacher interaction in order to provide a personal environment in which students get the undivided attention they need to progress.
Nope, we have a strict curriculum to keep students learning effectively and efficiently. However, teachers can and must review the materials before the class starts. All class materials will be available in advance.
No, the centralised system will handle that.
We are very strict about the education level of our applicants and require you to have at least a Bachelor’s degree. We also insist on English being your mother tongue.
Fill in the online application form. Please submit your CV, certificates and any other proof as completely as possible. Our system will automatically generate a score that will enable us to screen your application faster based on how complete it is, meaning we can assign jobs to you more rapidly.
Yes, however, we only provide a contract to qualified applicants that demonstrate extraordinary teaching abilities.
Teachers will teach any students who book their classes.
Tutoras has its own platform to facilitate the classes.
The self-intro is very important because along with your qualifications, it helps us to evaluate whether you are a suitable team member to be able to teach online. It will also be a part of your personal profile to help students and parents find the best fit.
The demo is expected to be between 3-5 mins. You will need to display you are able to explain activities to a beginner level students, how you are able to work with them to get complete answers, your ESL teaching skills and your time management.
We only accept a recording of 2 mins for your self-intro and 5-7 min of your class demo. Instruction on how to record your interview can be found on the replying email.
The range starts from USD 11.00 to USD 25.00 per hour. Payrate will be higher for those with relevant online teaching experience and educational qualifications.
For your reference, here are some tips from our interviewers to help you prepare you Self-Introduction and Demo Class. (For the class demo, you may select a targeted age within 3-16 and a topic that is good for that age)